The “single” status is often thought of as a depressing one. This causes people rush to couple up, instead of slowing down and taking stock of all of the things that make being single a good thing.
Here are a few completely underrated things about being single:
- You do not have to worry about which side of the bed is yours. You can sleep right in the middle or roll back and forth; the bed is all yours.
- You can watch whatever you want on TV.
- Your grocery bill will be significantly lower. Toilet paper is just one thing that costs a lot less when you are only buying for one person.
- You can take some time to focus on you. Your health, your happiness, and your needs have likely been on the back burner up until now.
- You can leave places whenever YOU want to. No more waiting around until your significant other is ready.
- You might begin to learn that there is a major difference between loneliness and being alone. As you begin to appreciate your own company, you will also start the process in laying a foundation for a solid future relationship.
If you are in an unhappy marriage, the path to being single might vary in length. That said, attorney Ronald Johnston is a divorce attorney in Portland OR who can get you there in one piece. Click here to contact him today.