As your divorce proceedings come to an end, not many things will sound better than a relaxing vacation where you can unwind and start your new life.
That plan, as amazing as it sounds, can get expensive very quickly. This leaves one to wonder, “what should I do with my new found freedom and solitude following divorce?”
To help, we have put together a list of 9 post-divorce activities that will cost you next to nothing:
- Take some time to write down the things that make you happy in your life. Whether you take up a diary or simply jot down a few thoughts, this activity can help you remember your joy.
- Choose happiness. It might sound corny, but just do it. Actively choose to be happy.
- Take the time to watch a movie in your favorite genre. Maybe you stopped watching chick flicks or horror films when you were married, but now you can watch any movie you want.
- Meditate; if you don’t know how, consider learning. It is a great relaxation technique that can help you cope and connect with your inner self.
- Take a long, hot bath. This is a great opportunity to unwind with no distractions.
- Make some plans with old friends or make some new ones.
- Make time for physical fitness. Your health is an important component to your well-being.
- Can’t find a date? Date yourself! Since you have spent so much time in a relationship, now is a great time to find some joy in spending some time alone.
- Smile as often as possible.
If you need more inspiration to find happiness, refer to #1 on our list. This activity has you listing the things that make you happy, and at Ronald Johnston Law, we recommend you do more of that. Click here to contact a divorce attorney in Portland OR who can help you move forward.