Whether you are approaching the possibility of divorce or are already divorced, you likely think about what went wrong from time to time. Maybe you are curious about the part that you played in the break-up, or if you did the right thing by moving forward with the divorce.
You might even be thinking about the missed “red flags” that existed throughout your marriage.
Maybe you are asking yourself if things would be different had you noticed them.
Self-awareness is an important skill to acquire in life, and your divorce is a life event that can help you become more self-aware.
Below are some questions you can ask yourself if you want to take your divorce as an opportunity to increase your level of self-awareness.
- “Were there early clues that could have predicted future problems?”
- “What could have I done to fix our problems?”
- “How could I change to avoid this in the future?”
- “Is it even possible to move past these types of problems?”
- “What behaviors are deal-breakers to me in a relationship?”
- “What qualities should I look for in a mate?”
- “Do I have any behaviors that could hinder a healthy relationship?”
The answers to these questions may not come easy and they can take a great deal of harsh honesty to admit. That said, you can use past relationship mistakes as a platform to move on in a healthy way.
We live and we learn, so now it is time to move forward and create a happier future. A divorce attorney in Hillsboro OR can help you. Click here to read more about Ronald Johnston Law today.