Divorce Attorneys in Portland Oregon Who Can Help With Spousal Support

August 18th, 2014

Divorce is usually not a pleasant experience. Often hard feelings can remain for many years after a divorce is complete. Some of those hard feelings come from the fact that in many cases one spouse has to pay spousal support to the other. Although some people are diligent in paying their monthly support on time, other times people refuse to pay.

So what can you do if your spouse is not current on his or her spousal support payment, or just simply refuses to pay? You might even wonder if you can do anything at all. The answer is yes, there are things you can do, or steps that you can take, to help get the spousal support money you deserve.

At Ronald Johnston Family Law we are divorce attorneys in Portland Oregon who understand how to help you recover spousal support. If your spouse has ignored a court order to pay spousal support, then there are measures you can take and Ronald Johnston is prepared to help you.

He has the experience to work with the court system to help enforce your spouse to make payments. If necessary, a judge can order wage garnishment whereby your spousal support will come directly out of your spouse’s paycheck and go to you.

If you are having trouble getting your spouse to make spousal support payments, then now may be the time to contact the divorce lawyers of Ronald Johnston Family Law. Call 503-226-7986 or click here. To learn more about spousal support, click here.

Comments are closed.