After a divorce, you may be feeling the financial strain of living on your own again. Coming up with fun and meaningful activities for your kids that don’t cost a fortune can be a challenge post-divorce. Beaverton OR Divorce Attorney Ronald Johnston has a few ideas for you.
- Make roads for toy cars by using colored tape on carpet- Create a new city in each of your rooms.
- Erect a tent in the living room and go camping indoors. Great activity for winter.
- Create a backyard obstacle course- Use pool noodles, rope, hula hoops and 2x4s to create a challenge.
- Go to the library- Often the library will be hosting free activities for kids. If those don’t work with your schedule, snuggle up with a book and read to them in a comfy chair.
- Home Depot has free workshops for kids ages 5 to 12 on the first Saturday of every month between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Create comic books- Draw your favorite characters or create all new ones!
- Visit the fire station- Call your local firestation and find out wen their next tour of the firehouse is. Extra credit if you make cookies to give to the firefighters to show your appreciation for their service.
If you have questions about custody and visitation, contact Beaverton OR Divorce Attorney Ronald Johnston today!