Having Trouble Receiving Your Court Ordered Spousal Support? – Part 2

December 28th, 2016

If you’re having trouble receiving your spousal support, it is recommended that you contact a competent divorce attorney working in Portland Oregon. One such attorney is Ronald Johnston. He has been practicing family law for over 40 years.

financial settlementIn part one of this two-part blog series, we looked at what Ronald Johnston can do for you if your ex-spouse refuses to pay spousal support. In this entry, we’re going to look at what he can do if your ex-spouse can’t, or claims he or she can’t, pay spousal support.

Many times, when one tries to enforce spousal support, the delinquent ex-spouse will respond by asking the court for a downward spousal support modification. In other words, they ask the court to lower their spousal support obligation. This is usually because the ex-spouse is making less money than before.

This may lead to the gathering of more evidence, oral depositions, subpoenas, and a trial.  Therefore it is very important to have the strong legal counsel of Ronald Johnston on your side.

Another common response made by ex-spouses who are behind on their spousal support obligations is to file bankruptcy. Yet, bankruptcy will not let your ex-spouse off the hook when it comes to spousal support. They still must pay it and that include during and after bankruptcy proceedings.

To read part one of this blog series, click here.

To contact Ronald Johnston, a divorce attorney with 40 years of experience practicing family law in Portland Oregon, click here.

Comments are closed.