Most people are aware that divorce can be very hard on the couple going through it. However, divorce can be even harder on any children involved. Children of a couple that is divorcing in Portland Oregon will no doubt go through many different emotions. That’s why it’s very important that they have the love and support of their parents.
There are many things that kids need to hear when their parents decide to divorce, but some are more important than others. The following are some of the most important words of encouragement.
- Be sure your kids know that it’s not their fault.
- No matter what they are feeling, it’s ok. Feelings of sadness, anger, guilt or anything else, are all ok.
- Be sure your kids know that both of their parents still love them.
- Just because their parents are splitting up that doesn’t change a child’s identity.
- Make sure your kids have independent relationships with both parents.
- Although it didn’t work for you, marriage can still be a great thing.
If you have reached the point in your marriage where divorce is your only option, then you need to contact Ronald Johnston Family Law for help. Ronald Johnston is a divorce attorney in Portland Oregon who has been helping couples and families through the difficult divorce process for many years. Call 503-226-7986 today to set up a consultation or click here to set up an appointment online.