Obtaining a Restraining Order in Hillsboro Oregon

December 23rd, 2016

Ronald Johnston, one of the most experienced Hillsboro family law attorneys, can help you get a restraining order in Oregon. Of course, if you’re in imminent danger you should legal scaleimmediately contact your local police.

Restraining orders offer several key safety measures for victims of domestic violence. These safety measures include:

  • The accused abuser is removed from the home.
  • The accused abuser must stay away from you and your children.
  • The accused abuser must refrain from all communications including phone calls and email.
  • If the accused abuser is a spouse, then divorce proceedings may begin.

What happens if a restraining order is violated?

If the accused abuser violates a restraining order, the police should be contacted immediately. Violating a restraining order can potentially result in a fine, probation, or jail time.

Will the victim seeking a restraining order need to go to court?

One will need to go to court if the accused contests the restraining order. Unfortunately, this happens a lot.

Going to court and facing an accused abuser can be very stressful. This is why it’s so important to have a knowledgeable and capable lawyer on your side, like Ronald Johnston.

To contact Ronald Johnston, one of the most competent family law attorneys practicing in Hillsboro Oregon, click here.

Comments are closed.