Although we deal with people who are going through divorce every day, we wish that more marriages could last. Divorce is not easy and it can really be a life changing process to go through a split up. As any Portland Oregon Divorce Attorney could tell you, before contacting a divorce lawyer, you might want to do everything you can to save your marriage, first.
According to a recent report in the Huffington Post, there are several questions a couple can ask themselves before they decide to call it quits. Some of those important questions include:
- Do I really want to divorce my spouse, or would I rather have a better marriage with him or her?
- Have I given it everything I have, including seeking the best help?
- Have I considered my own role as far as it pertains to our troubles?
- Am I holding my spouse to unattainable standards?
- Do I still love my spouse?
Although we at Ronald Johnston Family Law would hope that couples could work out their differences and find common ground in order to save their marriage, we also understand that in some instances divorce is the best option. Therefore, if you need a Portland Oregon divorce attorney then you should contact the offices of Ronald Johnston Family Law. Click here to see how we can help you.