Divorce laws differ from state to state. It is even possible to find a few small differences between counties. It is important to find a divorce attorney that has experience in the area in which you intend to file for divorce. Doing your research to select a knowledgeable Portland, Oregon Divorce Attorney is important and can cut down on some of the confusion.
Once you have determined who will represent you in your case, it is important to know that divorce is a hard process that can be drawn out over the course of months. This may lead to emotional hardship and frustration, which can put you in a situation where you are overwhelmed. It is important to not allow it to consume your life so you forget about your responsibilities and finances. The support you will receive from Ronald Johnston Law can assist you in focusing on some of these important issues:
- It is important to continue paying your rent or mortgage, along with other bills.
- You should begin taking a complete inventory of all your assets.
- You should open a separate personal bank account.
- You should gather financial information and records.
- You should obtain a copy of your will and begin drafting changes.
Attorney Ronald Johnston recognizes that your situation is unique and can create a plan that fits your exact needs. Click here to read about his practice and contact Ronald Johnston Law today.