There are many different aspects to divorce, and they can vary for every couple. There are two sides to every split-up, and divorce can also be very different for women than it is for men. Knowing how to get through divorce takes a lot of help, which can include working with the right divorce lawyers in Portland Oregon.
An article on WomansDay.com recently covered the topic of “divorce advice for women,” and below is some of the advice they give.
- Divorce is not easy and neither is recovery. However, it’s OK if your recovery takes some time. It’s also OK to seek professional help, from a therapist for example.
- Choose your lawyer with care. Make sure you retain experienced divorce lawyers in Portland Oregon and not a criminal defense lawyer or personal injury attorney.
- Determine your living expenses going forward and make a plan to live within your new budget.
- Don’t try to hurt your ex; it doesn’t pay off and it can actually backfire.
- Divorce does not make you a failure; so don’t give up on yourself.
- Kids will struggle with your divorce and although they may not say anything, their actions will tell you.
If you are a woman in Portland, Oregon looking for a divorce lawyer, then contact Ronald Johnston Family Law at 503-226-7986 or by clicking here.