What Are Your Visitation Rights If the Other Parent Has Sole Custody?

May 19th, 2017

Ronald Johnston is one of the most tenacious and committed divorce lawyers practicing in Hillsboro Oregon. Not only is he knowledgeable and capable, but he also has 40 years of experience practicing family law.

During those four decades, Ronald Johnston has fought for mothers and fathers seeking custody of their children. He’s aware that child custody cases are emotional and complicated.

One of the many questions parents ask him is concerning visitation rights. Specifically, what are a parent’s visitation rights if the other parent has sole custody?

In Oregon, visitation is called “parenting time.” A parenting time schedule not only details when a child gets to live with each parent, but details major parental tasks.

Parenting time plans are court endorsed.

Having parenting time also gives you the right to access your child’s medical records as well as other important information.

The parent with custody is called the custodial parent. The parent without custody is called the non-custodial parent.

If you’re the non-custodial parent, you have the right to seek parenting time in the best interest of your child.

If you’re the non-custodial parent, and you want parenting time with your child, contact Ronald Johnston as soon as possible. He’s one of the most experienced divorce lawyers practicing in Hillsboro Oregon and he’d love to help you with your child custody issues.

Comments are closed.